The voice of our users - Laurent Galaup is project expert at Akka Technologies, he conceives storyboards for training modules.
French language video.
– Hello, could you please describe your job?
I work as a technical designer for training. I create storyboards destined to the development of training modules, mainly for aeronautics, but also for other domains like automotive and railway.
– How did you discover 3D Juump Ace?
I worked within the company RealFusio when it had a service that produced training content. We worked using VisDmu, the “ancestor” of 3D Juump Ace.
– Could you explain to us in which context you use 3D Juump Ace?
As part of my activities, I have to illustrate my technical talk with visual material. To do that, some clients provide us with DMU coming from the design offices.
– What are your use cases?
The software lets me visualize the DMU provided by the client, and export some elements that I need to illustrate my storyboard.
"It also lets you understand better the localization of a component in a set of other elements."
– What are the benefits of 3D graphics in your job?
In training, 3D graphics allows for a better understanding of a complex system. It also lets you understand better the localization of a component in a set of other elements.
– Which other software do you use?
For 3D visualization, I don’t use any other software.
To create the storyboards, I use various softwares like Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, but also Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
– What are the main strengths of Ace, according to you?
- Its ability to open easily many different formats
- Its ease of use (to make cuts, isolate an element, ….)
– What could we add to this software to meet your needs?
The possibility to open files in the 3dsmax format.